Inspection & Certifications
Landlord peace of mind
Under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 landlords need to have all gas appliances and pipes checked every 12 months. If you’re unsure whether you require a landlord gas safety certificate the following information can be found on the Gas Safe Register website:
“Your legal duties apply to a wide range of accommodation occupied under a lease or licence, including (but not limited to):
- Residential premises provided for rent by local authorities, housing associations, private sector landlords, co-operatives, hostels.
- Rooms, let in bed-sit accommodation, private households, bed and breakfast accommodation and hotels.
- Rented holiday accommodation such as chalets, cottages, flats, caravans and narrow boats on inland waterways.”
Under the regulations landlords need to ensure that all gas appliances are checked for safe operation by a registered engineer who can issue a recognized certificate.
An LPS landlord inspection covers the following and is carried out by our Gas Safe Registered engineers:
- Checking the appliance for gas tightness
- Checking standing and working pressures, if test points are available
- Checking burner pressure/gas rate against manufacturers guidelines
- Checking for satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation
- Testing the flue flow to ensure removal of the products of combustion
- Checking satisfactory operation of all the flame failure devices
- Checking for physical stability, presence and effectiveness of stability brackets (where appropriate) of the boiler.
- Investigating any evidence of unsafe operation and reporting this to the person responsible.
When we all the above criteria has been met, we will issue the necessary paperwork to help landlords comply with their obligations under the regulations.
Are you a landlord with a property due for an inspection? Call us to book your appointment on 01943 879 932.
Get a FREE instant boiler installation quote
To get an idea of how much it will cost to install a new boiler, just answer a few quick questions... It only takes 30 secondsGet a quote